BMO Partnership Programme (KVP)
Latest Update: 12/11/12
sequa is the implementing agency for the Chambers and Associations Partnership Programme (KVP) funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). According to the Ministry's guidelines, subject of funding is the cooperation of independent business membership organisations (BMO). BMZ takes the funding decisions on a project-by-project basis.
The KVP programme is targeted at contributing to the sustainable economic development in the BMZ partner countries by supporting the local private sector. KVP projects are characterised by
- the mobilisation of experience and know-how of German BMOs for development cooperation,
- direct cooperation of non-governmental organisations according to the principle of subsidiarity
- the fact that they support initiatives from the private sector.
Since 1991, we have implemented more than 200 KVP projects in about 80 developing and transition countries. All projects are listed in our References. About 50 German regional chambers of skilled crafts, chambers of industry and commerce, sector associations as well as employers organisations have been acting as project partners to directly support 400 chambers and business associations in the target countries. The cooperation focuses on
- the improvement of the internal structure and management of the foreign project partners,
- the establishment of new services for the member enterprises, and
- support for the representation of interests of the private sector and political dialogue.
The projects are coordinated by a German or a local expert in the partner country. The German project partner is in charge of the project management and provides its expertise. The support regularly includes activities that pertain to
- organisational development,
- consulting and training activities,
- placing of experts and specialists and
- purchasing urgently needed equipment.
KVP projects typically cover a period of 3 years. Extensions are possible depending on the result of a project evaluation.