Business Segment âPrivate sector developmentâ
Private sector development has many links to our business segment âCapacity Building for Business Membership Organizations (BMO)â.
A dynamic private sector, creating high economic growth, is the fundament of any successful and sustainable poverty alleviation strategy. Pro-enterprise framework requirements and specific business promotion enable private enterprises to develop their economic potential.
In 90 countries we had a share in the development of the private sector. Our activities have been and are being assisted by the know-how of our shareholdersâ network as the German chambers and business associations hold an outstanding position within the German private sector development system.
We are assisting various donors in implementing their private sector development programmes such as the German BMZ, GIZ, the World Bank Group, IFC, UNIDO and increasingly the European Commission.
Our service offering in the business segment âprivate sector developmentâ comprises, but is not limited to:
- Business Development Services,
- Enabling Environment,
- Local Economic Development,
- Corporate Social Responsibility,
- Cleaner Production,Cluster Development and
- Trade Development.
- Our project in Mongolia is a showcase for Local Area Development.
- In 2007 we have published a manual about the Nucleus Approach.
- The study âGood Practices for Working with Sector Unitsâ is providing a variety of practical checklists.
- âBuilding the capacity of BMOsâ is a classic manual that we established on behalf of the World Bank Group in 2003.
- Further interesting documents can be found under publications
- In the section âProgrammesâ we have compiled condensed information about our activities in Asia that have being financed by the SWITCH Asia of the European Commission.