Based on its core expertise in the areas of promotion of business associations, strengthening of vocational education and training as well as private sector development, sequa has successfully implemented service projects for many years. The most important international donor in this field is the European Union but other bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors are also catered to. Our role is not limited to that of partner but also includes that of project lead. The staff of the Client Group Consulting are well-versed in managing public tendering procedures and ensuring project implementation through competent backstopping and controlling.
In the projects awarded, sequa collaborates with a multitude of partners from the European consulting sector and specialised organisations that are internationally active. Due to our projects worldwide, we also have access to a great number of local actors which we can involve in our work.
In addition, sequa offers an extensive network of professional experts who can be assigned to implement our projects and form an essential part of the expertise we offer for service contracts.
Our projects mainly deal with organisational and capacity development, management and strategic consulting as well as training and coaching (HRD). This portfolio of expertise is rounded off by comprehensive experience in grant and fund management which sequa has acquired as an implementing organisation of large-scale, bilateral grant projects.
- Development and/or adjustment of professional and examination standards
- Development of curricula
- Training of teachers
- Internship and trainee promotion
- Career guidance
- Skills Development
- Establishment of educational management and labour market information systems
- Promotion of dialogue structures between the public and private sector (social dialogue)
- Improvement of legal framework conditions / political consulting
- Inclusion of informal training
- Organisation of ‘dual system’ study trips
- Initiation of active labour market measures
- Incorporation of inclusion-related issues
- Quality assurance
Private sector promotion with special aspects
- Sustainable consumption and production
- Switch to Green: Green Growth, Green Skills, Green Economy, Green Energy
- Local and regional business promotion
- Cooperation with business groups (nucleus approach)
- Promotion of labour and social standards
- Establishment of corporate services
- Regional economic areas
- Promotion of female entrepreneurs
- Organisational development designed to improve structures and management
- Improved membership orientation
- Professionalization of advocacy in the political dialogue
- Establishment and expansion of corporate services
At the moment, sequa leads five projects and partners a further four. sequa is a consortium partner in Lot 2 and Lot 4 of the EU Framework Contracts.
Since 2016 sequa has carried out the project VETLAM II that promotes vocational education and the labour market system in Northern Cyprus. In the course of a large number of consultations conducted in cooperation with representatives of the local private sector, the project team successfully managed to effect the revision and official recognition of 37 professional standards. It also succeeded in establishing four Sector Skills Councils that meet at regular intervals. The project has had an impact on active labour market policies as well: workshops were organised for women and youths to provide them with guidance in in job-seeking. In addition, the project experts contributed to the submission of a well-founded proposal for the development of a national qualification framework.
Since 2017, the Switch-to-Green Facility, another sequa service project, advises DG DEVCO in Brussels on the implementation of the Switch-to-Green Flagship Initiative of the European Union. SWITCH aims at facilitating the transition to an inclusive green economy, thus contributing to achieving the relevant goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The initiative builds on already existing regional SWITCH to green programmes in Asia, Africa and the Mediterranean. sequa’s consultants assist DEVCO staff especially in the revision of planning and work documents for concrete project ideas, coordination with other international Green Economy initiatives and the important task of public relations.