Business Segment "Private Sector Development“
Private Sector Development has many links to our business segment "Capacity Building for Business Membership Organisations (BMO)”.
A dynamic private sector which, create substantial economic growth, is the foundation of any successful and sustainable poverty alleviation strategy. Pro-enterprise framework requirements and specific business promotion enable private companies to develop their economic potential.
In 90 countries we have had a share in the development of the private sector. Our activities have been and are being aided by the know-how of our shareholders’ network of the German chambers and business associations which hold an outstanding position within the German private sector development system.
We assist various donors in implementing their private sector development programmes such as the German BMZ, GIZ, the World Bank Group, IFC, UNIDO and increasingly the European Commission.
Our service portfolio in the business segment “Private sector development” comprises, but is not limited to:
- Business Development Services,
- Business Enabling Environment
- Local Economic Development
- SME Development
- Export/Investment promotion
- Green Economy
For further information:
- Our project in Uzbeskistan is a showcase for Local Area Development.
- In 2007 we published a manual about the Nucleus Approach.
- The study Good Practices for Working with Sector Units provides a variety of practical checklists.
- Building the capacity of BMOs is a classic manual that we established on behalf of the World Bank Group in 2003.
- Further informative documents can be found under Publications
- In the “Programmes” section we have compiled summerised information about those of our activities in Asia that have beenfinanced by the SWITCH Asia Programmes of the European Commission.