Based on its core expertise in the areas of promotion of business associations, strengthening of vocational education and training as well as private sector development, sequa has successfully implemented service projects for many years. The most important international donor in this field is the European Union but other bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors are also catered to. Our role is not limited to that of partner but also includes that of project lead. The staff of the Client Group Consulting are well-versed in managing public tendering procedures and ensuring project implementation through competent backstopping and controlling.
In the projects awarded, sequa collaborates with a multitude of partners from the European consulting sector and specialised organisations that are internationally active. Due to our projects worldwide, we also have access to a great number of local actors which we can involve in our work.
In addition, sequa offers an extensive network of professional experts who can be assigned to implement our projects and form an essential part of the expertise we offer for service contracts.
Our projects mainly deal with organisational and capacity development, management and strategic consulting as well as training and coaching (HRD). This portfolio of expertise is rounded off by comprehensive experience in grant and fund management which sequa has acquired as an implementing organisation of large-scale, bilateral grant projects.
- Development of occupational standards
- Development of curricula
- Training of teachers and instructors
- Implementation of internship and apprenticeship schemes
- Career guidance
- Skills Development
- Implementation of Active Labour Market Measures (ALMM)
- Design and set-up of educational management and labour market information systems (EMIS and LMIS)
- Promotion of dialogue structures between the public and private sector (social dialogue)
- Organisation Development of VET Centres, VET Agencies and other actors of the VET System
- Organisation of study tours, especially with regard to the dual VET system of Germany.
- Development of examination and assessment standards and procedures
- Improvement of the legal framework and other policy-related issues
- Formalisation of informal training
- Consideration of topics to Social Inclusion
Private sector promotion with special aspects
- Local and regional business promotion - Local economic development
- Cooperation with business groups (nucleus approach)
- Value chain analysis
- Business development services (BDS)
- Promotion of labour and social standards
- Promotion of entrepreneurship
- Sustainable consumption and production
- Switch to Green: Green Growth, Green Skills, Green Economy, Green Energy
Promotion of Chambers and Business Organisations
- Organisational development designed to improve structures and management
- Improved membership orientation
- Professionalization of advocacy in the political dialogue
- Establishment and expansion of corporate services
sequa implements projects both in the lead and as a partner.
In Lot 2 and Lot 4 of the EU Framework Contracts as well as Lot 2 of the PSF 2019 FWC sequa is a consortium partner.
Since 2016 sequa has carried out the project VETLAM II that promotes vocational education and the labour market system in Northern Cyprus. In the course of a large number of consultations conducted in cooperation with representatives of the local private sector, the project team successfully managed to effect the revision and official recognition of 37 professional standards. It also succeeded in establishing four Sector Skills Councils that meet at regular intervals. The project has had an impact on active labour market policies as well: workshops were organised for women and youths to provide them with guidance in in job-seeking. In addition, the project experts contributed to the submission of a well-founded proposal for the development of a national qualification framework.
Since 2017, the Switch-to-Green Facility, another sequa service project, advises DG DEVCO in Brussels on the implementation of the Switch-to-Green Flagship Initiative of the European Union. SWITCH aims at facilitating the transition to an inclusive green economy, thus contributing to achieving the relevant goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The initiative builds on already existing regional SWITCH to green programmes in Asia, Africa and the Mediterranean. sequa’s consultants assist DEVCO staff especially in the revision of planning and work documents for concrete project ideas, coordination with other international Green Economy initiatives and the important task of public relations.
Situated North of Haiti and South of Bahamas in the Caribbean, the Turks&Caicos Islands (TCI) are a particular geolocation and are still struggling to overcome the effects of two devastating hurricanes in 2016. As a British Overseas Territory, the TCI are entitled to receive funds from the European Union. In this framework and as part of complementary support to the reform of the education sector, sequa is currently implementing the project "Increased matching of the educational offer with the labour market needs".
In particular, sequa consultants are assisting the Government of the Turks&Caicos Islands in
- The design and implementation of a Labour Market Needs Survey
- The design of a Labour Market Information System (LMIS)
- The design of a National Technical Vocational Training Centre and Agency (Feasibility Study and implementation strategy)
- Capacity Building to the Ministry and TCI Community College and
- Training programmes for TVET teachers (Initial training programmes; Training and accreditation of TCICC instructors; Implementation and monitoring)