sequa as Employer
sequa offers jobs at the company headquarters in Bonn, the IPD office in Berlin and at international project locations. sequa’s headquarters in Bonn are located in the city centre and can be easily reached by public transport.
Good and family-friendly working conditions, flexible working time regulations, modern office equipment and a congenial work atmosphere are important to us.
sequa is not bound by a collective wage agreement but our salaries largely correspond to the regulations of the German civil service pay scale TVÖD.
Aside from a fair, competitive monthly salary, we offer all our permanent staff a yearly bonus payment, an annually varying wage component, a vacation allowance, capital-forming payments, a company pension scheme, a job ticket, permanent travel advances as well as the opportunity to take part in subsidized health promotion measures.
The salary packages for project staff are arranged on a case-by-case, project-dependent basis.
All currently vacant positions at sequa can be found on our website under „Jobs“.
Since we advertise all vacancies, we unfortunately cannot consider unsolicited job applications.
Fair and Social
Our full-time work week consists of 39 working hours. Part-time employment can be arranged individually, depending on personal circumstances. We do not use time recording systems. All our employees operate on the basis of a “working time on trust” model. The works council represents the interests of our staff.The management and the works council can negotiate works agreements that stipulate identical regulations for all employees. Current works agreements regulate such issues as working hours, partial retirement, information and telecommunication systems, VDU work, one-time payments, further training, feedback interviews, job ticket, salaries.
„We achieve our successes as a team“ – this credo is part of our self-image. All employees working on projects for the same customer form a „Client Group”. As a general rule, each employee is part of at least two such groups. This principle facilitates knowledge sharing in the company, keeps work more varied and makes our employees widely deployable. Regular teambuilding activities contribute to a positive, cooperative company culture.
We openly communicate the results of our regular employee surveys to all our staff and discuss them jointly to improve ourselves.
For all new staff members we organize a thourough induction phase and provide them with a mentor for their first steps in the company. The discussion of individual qualification requirements is an important element of the regular feedback interviews with the line manager.
We cover the costs for further training either in whole or in part, depending on the individual case. The balance on a personal further training account, that is stocked up annually, can be used to finance individual training measures.
sequa operates globally. We expect our staff to be willing to go on business trips regularly both in Germany and abroad.
We trust our employees and give them a high degree of personal responsibility.
As a member of the sequa team you will gain a lot of valuable experience in exciting projects worldwide in which you can take an active part.
sequa as Training Company
At our Bonn headquarters, we offer you varied and extensive training that will be profitable and fun for you. As a sequa trainee you have many friendly colleagues who will always be ready to answer your questions. Our headquarters are located in Bonn’s city centre and can be reached easily by public transport. The office communication apprenticeship lasts three years. It covers all commercial-administrative tasks in our areas programme management, project controlling, finance & controlling, human resources and marketing. In addition to a fair training salary, sequa also pays a job ticket.
A safe start
Our well-qualified trainers at sequa offer competent instruction and guidance for your career entry. You can gather valuable experience in exciting projects worldwide. Your colleagues will actively involve you in the project work. You will be able to acquire know-how and skills in office administration and organisation. Moreover, you will receive comprehensive training in all business processes and contexts. After your successful graduation you have good prospects of being offered permanent employment.
My name is Benedikt and I was an apprentice for office management at sequa gGmbH from 2015 to 2018.
In the course of my three-year apprenticeship I passed through all departments of the company. During this time I got to know my field of work in a very practical way and from the very beginning I took on tasks on my own responsibility. In so-called "apprentice interviews" I was able to interview my colleagues in order to gain more insight into the diverse projects at sequa.
My main fields of work were accounting, controlling and assistance. Here I was responsible for a wide variety of tasks ranging from formatting contracts, organising events, booking invoices to auditing travel expense reports. At sequa I was trained fairly and supported on my way: For example, I was allowed to take part in a three-week learning stay in London, where I was able to use and significantly improve my English skills.
After the successful completion of my training, I had the opportunity to support sequa as a junior controller while studying for a B.A. degree in economics. Since 2019 I have been employed as a controller in sequa’s project controlling.
For students interested in development cooperation
As a globally operating development organisation, we conduct projects in many different cooperation countries. As an intern at our Bonn headquarters, you will gain a comprehensive view of our demanding business activities as well as of our mode of operation.
Your internship at sequa should last a minimum of two months and a maximum of three months. At the start of the internship you should be at least in your fifth semester. We expect very good spoken and written German and English skills (language level: at least C1) and would be glad about any additional foreign language skills.
Your tasks will range from collaboration in project applications and reporting for various clients to research on economic data and issues of development policy to attending to foreign delegations.
We pay a monthly internship salary of 450 EUR. Your internship comprises 39 hours per week.
Have we aroused your curiosity? Would you like to know more? Then download our Internship Flyer.
As an Intern at sequa
My name is Svenja and I was able to get to know and support the management of programmes and projects at sequa gGmbH during a voluntary internship in spring 2021.
From the first day of my three-month internship, I was involved in projects and tasks and got to know the everyday tasks, but also challenges of project managers in internal meetings, which were conducted via tools such as Teams and Zoom due to the pandemic. In personal meetings, there was always time to ask questions and to get more deeply acquainted with individual topics of development cooperation or the cooperation between sequa, donors and project partners.
My tasks were very diverse and exciting, as my colleagues involved me in very different projects. For example, I contributed to the preparation of annual reports, compared target indicators of projects with monitoring evidence and collected, evaluated and adapted suitable references for applications for new projects for the specific case. I accompanied the preparations of a virtual intensive training in Asia, took care of the social media presence of mobility programmes and searched for experts for short-term assignments and accompanied the further recruitment process.
For me, the internship was a great enrichment and a valuable, very practical addition to my studies. I was able to learn a lot through the collegial working atmosphere.
Current Job Offers
Internships for domestic and foreign students with an interest in trade promotion in development cooperation (m/f/d)
sequa gGmbH is a globally operating non-profit development organisation. Since 1991 sequa has carried out programmes and projects of international cooperation in close collaboration with the German private sector. sequa offers know-how and long-term experience in capacity development for chambers and associations (BMOs), vocational education and training, private sector development and trade promotion. The organisation is based in Bonn, Germany. sequa employs more than 100 persons (2022) and reported a turnover of EUR 58 m in 2021.
Together with the Federal Association of Wholesale, Foreign Trade and Services (BGA) and further partners, we are implementing the "Import Promotion Desk (IPD)" project. The project is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and pursues the goal of promoting promising sectors in selected developing countries,promising sectors in selected developing and emerging countries by improving their access to the access to the European market, thereby promoting trade with the partner countries.The project has offices in Bonn and Berlin.
- Assistance in the organisation and implementation of events as well as the supervision of these activities (e.g. international trade fairs, foreign delegations to study tours)
- Research on relevant import companies in the IPD sectors
- Support of public relations (e.g. photo database)
- Assistance in reporting on subprojects of the IPD
- Support of the project administration
Our requirements/your qualification
- Education/degrees: at least in the 5th semester
- Expertise:Excellent user skills in the common Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as organisational skills;
- Language skills: very good knowledge of German and English and, if possible, knowledge of another foreign language (French, Spanish, Russian);
- Social competence: resilient personality with a lot of initiative, flexibility, communicative and socially competent attitude in a dynamic, multicultural team, attitude in a dynamic, multicultural environment;
Further requirement criteria: Diplomatic skills in working with a wide range of actors at different levels at different levels (governments, associations, companies) and in different intercultural fields of action.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a highly committed team and a responsible field of activity.area of responsibility. In addition, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to combine work and family life..
As of 01.10.2022, we will increase the monthly training allowance from 450 EUR to 520 EUR. People with disabilities will be given preferential treatment if they have the same qualifications.Please send your application documents (cover letter, CV) by email to Mrs. Manuela Borkenhagen, eMail, Tel.: +49 (0) 228 98238-50.
Short-term expert for sourcing and purchase in the field of “Fresh fruit and vegetables“ (m/f/d)
- Selection, preparation and support of small and medium-sized enterprises from developing and emerging countries for the entry into the European market, with a focus on companies from the fresh fruit and vegetable sector;
- Organisation and on-site supervision of sourcing missions in the IPD partner countries;
- Organisation and application of capacity building measures;
- Cooperation with partner organisations and ministries in the IPD countries;
- Preparation and on-site supervision of exporters at international trade fairs as well as backstopping in the follow-up process;
- Organisation and implementation of study tours for exporters in Germany and procurement trips for importers in the partner countries;
- Documentation and monitoring of the activities.
Our Requirements / Your Qualifications
- Long-term professional experience in trade promotion between developing and emerging countries and Germany / Europe;
- Consolidated experience in value chain development in the agricultural sector;
- Agricultural and forestry expertise, in particular regarding production techniques, product certification (e.g. Global G.A.P., Organic, ISO 22000, Fair Trade) as well as market contacts and developments;
- Comprehensive know-how in the field of agronomy and quality management;
- Competent knowledge of the German import industry, especially of the food industry;
- Excellent networking skills with export promotion organisations and institutions in the partner countries as well as in the German private sector;
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to implement new knowledge and strategies in export promotion;
- Excellent organisational skills, high flexibility and intercultural competence;
- Experience in working with CRM tools (or readiness to do so);
- Readiness to travel regularly worldwide on a regular basis;
- Knowledge of the (business) culture and in our partner countries is an advantage (currently Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Peru and Tunisia);
- Written and excellent oral skills in English (knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic is an advantage).
If you are interested, please send your application (cover letter, CV, certificates, fee expectation and availability)via e-mail to:
Mr Frank Maul E-Mail
Tel.: +49 (0) 30 590 099 569